Contact me by emailing email@example.com or calling 07828 845 047
It’s Easy To Start Learning Drums Online
- Arrange a suitable lesson time and free setup session, if required.
- Set up your laptop, iPad, tablet or phone in a suitable viewing position. I recommend placing the device to the left of the kit looking at the snare drum.
- Configure your Zoom app for optimal audio – instructions here.
- Join my Zoom meeting at the appointed time.
- Learn drums.
- Practice, practice, practice…
I mostly teach online via Zoom but can use Skype or Google Hangouts or any other video communication platform.
What You Will Need
- Drum Kit and/ or practice pad.
- Internet connection – broadband ideal but mobile hotspots can work well.
- A gadget – a laptop or tablet works best but using a phone works fine too.
- Pair of headphones – wired or Bluetooth.
- A proper stand for your gadget would be useful but an improvised stand can work fine.
- Music stand.
- Google account for viewing shared lesson notes, sheet music and videos.
Online drum lessons work really well. Most of my students moved online with me from taking face-to-face lessons. Despite there being some real changes in the approach to teaching, online lessons are just as effective as real life face to face lessons. I miss the personal interaction I had with my students but there are advantages and disadvantages to all modalities.
To take an online lesson, you need to have access to a gadget of some sort with a camera. It’s great if you have a desktop or laptop computer or an iPad or Android tablet but I’ve also taught succeessfully using a phone. You may, at times, want to have another gadget at hand for playing along to music, but I can also stream music directly to you from my teaching studio.
A pair of headphones is pretty much essential, ideally with a long lead. Bluetooth headphones can work well too.
If you have a drum kit, that’s great. A practice pad is pretty essential too. We can work on stick technique with just a pad. There are also ways to work without all the gear, if you are determined to learn. Please contact me if you’d like to explore the possibilities regarding your setup.
I offer a free tech setup session. Once you’ve booked your first lesson, I will arrange a time for us to make sure all your gadgets are working and connected and positioned in the best possible way.
Contact me on 07828 845 047 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your lesson today.